Seven-year-old Zora Ball has become the youngest person to create a full-version mobile video game application.
Ball attends Harambee Institute of Science and Technology Charter School, located in West Philadelphia.
The STEMnasium program is 48 weeks and also teaches young students Mandarin Chinese.
“I am proud of all my students,” said Tariq Al-Nasir, science teacher and founder of the STEMnasium program. ”Their dedication to this program is phenomenal, and they come to class every Saturday, including holiday breaks,” Al-Nasir told the Philadelphia Tribune.
Ball even proved to people attending the “Bootstrap Expo” that she was the app’s developer by reconfiguring her application upon request.
Now if only people could remember that Kim Kardashyho and Bouncy have nothing on a kid with brains…
- Meet the Youngest Video Game Programmer (news.discovery.com)
- 7-year-old builds her own mobile game using Bootstrap programming language (polygon.com)
- A Lil Positivity: 7-Year-Old African American Girl Becomes Youngest Person Ever To Create A Mobile App (bossip.com)
- COMMENTARY: Black 7-Year-Old Genius Invents Mobile Video Game (blackamericaweb.com)
- 7-Year-Old Zora Ball Is the World’s Youngest Game Programmer (jezebel.com)
- Top Moments In Black History: Zora Ball Becomes Youngest Mobile App Developer (wiznation.com)
- Zora Ball, First Grader, Becomes Youngest Person To Develop Mobile Game App (PHOTO) (jtm71.wordpress.com)
- Wow! 7-Year-Old Develops Mobile App (atlantablackstar.com)
- Top Moments In Black History: Zora Ball Becomes Youngest Mobile App Developer (oldschool1053.com)
- Top Moments In Black History: Zora Ball Becomes Youngest Mobile App Developer (woldcnews.com)